INTERVIEW with KELSEY MCMANIS, author of PEACE GIVER

Kelsey McManis has written a story that takes readers to faraway and long-forgotten places. Peace Giver is a time-travel adventure, and Kelsey has joined us at the BookPound today so we can get to know him as a reader and writer. Thanks for taking the time, Kelsey!

Who are some of your favorite authors? Do you have particular authors that inspire you to write?
Well, for starters, I like John Steinback, Mark Twain, and the Bible--the books of Matthew and Luke in the Holy Bible inspired part of my writhing my first book.

Have you always enjoyed writing? What is your writing process like?
No, to be honest I've not always enjoyed writing, but I had and have a story to tell.  I wrote stories as a teenager though.

What was your inspiration for writing Peace Giver?
My inspiration for writing Peace Giver was my daughter.  I wanted to write a book that would follow our family history, so that when she gets older she could read it and feel as though she knows the people in our family tree. My plans, however, changed as I continued to write it. Everything in the book is a story or symbol.

Are you currently working on any writing projects?
Well, I'm currently working on the editing of the first book in the series so I can release the second edition.  I'm also working on the second book in the series from the viewpoint of the main female character this time. The first book is available on Barnes and Noble nook right now. 

What advice would you give to young people who are interested in writing but don't know where to start?
The advice I'd give to young people that are interested in writing but don't know where to start would be first of all write down your ideas, then your plot for the story or book, then your characters. Also, do your research if any is needed on the subject or topic.

Do you have anything else you would like to tell BookPound readers?
Writing has become a passion for me to tell the story and also share bits of my family history with others.  Above all, I would like to see the story produced as a TV series.  We can all dream; that's what our world as we know it was founded on.

You can find Kelsey McManis on Twitter.

Comments

Popular Posts