INTERVIEW with HEATHER McCORKLE, author of THE DRAGON EMPIRE

Fantasy author Heather McCorkle joins us today at The Book Pound. A native Oregonian and champion of environmental causes, McCorkle currently has a free novella available at both Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Find the link to Born of Fire after the interview below. Many thanks to Heather McCorkle for sharing her time with us.

Who are some of your favorite fantasy authors? Did you begin reading fantasy early in life?
Anne McCaffrey, Joel Rosenburg, and R.A. Salvatore have always been some of my favorites. I began reading fairy tales as soon as I was old enough to turn the pages. :)

Who are your favorite characters that you've invented? What do you like about them?
That's tough, I love them all! One of my favorites has to be Fane, from the Channeler series. My fans have been trying to talk me into a spinoff with him and Caitlin and I just may have to do that. 

Tell us about your favorite causes and how you help them through writing.
My favorite cause is the IS Foundation (Ian Somerhalder Foundation). They are amazing. They don't just help endangered species, the environment, or kids, they help them all. The IS foundation works to educate, preserve, and create a greener tomorrow. I am a volunteer for them and write a monthly article for their website, and I donate a portion of the proceeds from some of my novels to the cause. 

Does your cover design work influence the way you write? Have you always enjoyed art and design?
It does! Art inspires me and I find myself creating artwork for each of my characters. It inspires entire scenes at times! I've loved art and design since I was little. 

What are you currently working on? What can readers look forward to next?
I'm currently working on a novel in the Dragon Empire world, one featuring Torin, a minor character in the Dragon Empire. After that, I have two more books planned for that series, then two historical fantasy novels. 

Is there anything else you would like to tell Book Pound readers?
I currently have two free stories out there if you'd like to get a taste of either of my series. The first is Born of Fire, a story in the Channeler series. It is available on B&N  and Amazon . And Dragon Seer, a story set in the Dragon Empire world, which is currently available on Smashwords in all formats (coming soon to all retailers): 
Thanks for having me over!

Heather

Author of the paranormal Earth-conscious channeler series: Born of Fire (FREE novella), The Secret of Spruce Knoll,Channeler's ChoiceRise of a Rector, the historical fantasy, To Ride A Puca, and the epic fantasy The Dragon Empire. Heather also has stories in the following anthologies: In His Eyes (FREE) and Winter Wonders. You can find me on my blog, or my website

Comments

Popular Posts